1. 영어 기사 읽기
1) Snail’s Venom Puts Fish in Insulin Coma, Scientific American
– Well, true, the fish can dart away. (dart away – 잽싸게 도망치다)
– She and her colleagues discovered that the cone snail’s venom contains not only neurotoxins, but insulin, too—which the snail’s prey take in through their gills. (gill – 주로 복수형으로 쓰이며, 아가미)
2) Without Friends or Family, even Extraordinary Experiences are Disappointing, Scientific American
– Imagine you are with some friends at a concert, and the bouncer approaches the group and says that, because you are all looking so ravishing tonight, he’s been instructed to offer one of you—just one!—a backstage pass to meet the artist. (ravishing – 기가 막히게 아름다운)
– For most people, this would be a no-brainer (no-brainer – 생각을 요하지 않는 결정)
– who wouldn’t leap at the chance to meet a famous singer or secure a long-sought autograph? (leap at – 기회를 재빨리 잡다)
– This study suggests that the hedonic value we glean from experiences stems not so much from the immediate pleasure they bestow but from the subsequent joy we take in reliving them with others. (hedonic – 쾌락의)
– At a broader level, the study also demonstrates the deep social contingency of our understanding of the world. (contingency – 만일의 사태)
2. MARSS 디버깅
Kernel compile할 때 debug 정보를 빼면 크기가 작아진다.
(Why the kernel modules I compiled so big ?, google groups, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.development.system/bjU7AfeZl5I)
$make INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 modules_install
Kernel version 3.11로 업데이트하고 실험.
Linux kernel 3.11로 실험했을 떄 perlbench_checkspam에서 에러가 발생하지 않음.
Linux kernel 3.18로 실험했을 때에는 perlbench_checkspam에서 에러가 발생함.
QEMU 0.14.1 monitor - type 'help' for more information Completed 1862000 cycles, 1363064 commits: 251451 Hz, 249858 insns/sec: rip 00007fb2c6a0a7bc qemu-system-x86_64: ptlsim/build/core/ooo-core/ooo-pipe.cpp:2109: int ooo::ReorderBufferEntry::commit(): Assertion `physreg->data' failed.
3. 앞으로 해야할 것
1) 실험 결과 정리
2) Linux kernel tick rate 수정한 뒤 컴파일해, 실험 준비
3) MARSS 디버깅